Jonathan R. Hess, Tax Collector
1020 Lebanon Road,
West Mifflin, PA 15122
This office collects Real Estate Taxes Only (Borough and School District). All Real Estate Taxes are due to our office by December 31st of the current tax year. All unpaid taxes must be turned over to the delinquent tax collector, Legal Tax (412-464-9997), as required by State Law.
Borough Tax bill is issued in March and the School District Tax bill is issued in July. If you do not receive your respective tax bill by their issuing month, please contact our office immediately, so that we can issue this for you.
Email: [email protected]
BOROUGH REAL ESTATE TAX INFORMATION
- The two percent (2%) discount period is from March 1 until April 30.
- The non-discount, non-penalty (face) period is from May 1 until June 30.
- The penalty period is from July 1 until December 31.
SCHOOL DISTRICT REAL ESTATE TAX INFORMATION
- The school district discount period is from July 1 until August 31.
- The non-discount, non-penalty (face) period is September 1 until October 31.
The penalty period is from November 1 until December 31
HOW TO PAY
- In person by visiting the Real Estate Tax Office during our office hours or using one of our two drop boxes. We have a drop box located on the exterior of the Borough Building and inside at the Real Estate Tax Office. If you choose to leave your payment and at a drop box location, please include your bill and stamped, self-addressed envelope if you would like a receipt.
- Mailing in your tax bill to the address below. Please note that the tax is paid by check or money order only. It can be made out to Jonathan R. Hess. The mailing address is
Jonathan R. Hess
Tax Collector, Borough of West Mifflin
1020 Lebanon Road
West Mifflin, PA 15122
- To pay your Borough Real Estate Taxes online, please visit https://billpay.forte.net/westmifflinpatax/
- To pay your School Real Estate Taxes online, please visit https://billpay.forte.net/westmifflinpaschooltax/
- Please Note: there is a taxpayer fee for this service:
- Credit/Debit Cards will have a service fee of 2.5% with a minimum of $1.95, whichever is greater
- eChecks: Checks up to $50,000.00 = fee of $1.75; $50,000.01 – $75,000.00 = fee of $3.00; $75,000.01 – $100,000.00 = fee of $6.00; $100,000.01 – $150,000.00 = fee of $10.00; $150,000.01 – $250,000.00 = fee of $15.00
- The service fee is not part of your tax bill and West Mifflin, will not receive any portion of the fee associated with this payment service
ALLEGHENY COUNTY TAX INFORMATION
ACT 77 SENIOR CITIZEN PROPERTY TAX RELIEF
Residents who are at least 60 years old, have an annual income of $30,000 a year or less (counting just half of Social Security or Railroad Tier One benefits), and have lived in and owned their current Allegheny County residence for at least 10 years are eligible for a thirty percent (30%) reduction in their county tax bill.
PROPERTY TAX CERTIFICATIONS
You can request a 3 year Borough and School District Tax Certification by sending a request to the Tax Office along with a $30.00 check made payable to Jonathan R. Hess
Frequently Asked Questions:
I did not receive my real estate tax bill. What should I do?
- You should first contact our office to inform us and we can send you the bill in the mail. We will then confirm the address that the bill should have been sent to. If our records are wrong, we will ask that you contact the Allegheny County Tax Office to update your information as our records are provided by them.
How can I, or a company I am working with, verify that my previous year’s taxes were paid?
- You, or the company you are working with, can request a Tax Certification from our office. This will include the previous 3 years for both your property’s Borough and School Real Estate Taxes. A $30 check made out to Jonathan R. Hess will be required for receipt of the Tax Certification.
I need to pay my Real Estate Taxes from a previous year. Can I pay those to your office?
- By law, our office is only able to collect current year Real Estate Taxes. To pay any delinquent taxes, please contact Legal Tax at 412-464-9997
I paid my real estate taxes, but my check has not been cashed.
- Our office deposits checks weekly. Due to fluctuating volumes, this is not always possible. We do our best to process each payment within a week of their arrival.
If I own multiple properties, can I pay them all on one check?
- We ask that you pay each property separately. That way, if there should be an issue, we can process the remaining payments without delay.
Can I pay my Borough and School Taxes with one check?
- We are not able to accept one check for a Borough and School payment. We do require a separate check for each payment.
Can I make multiple installment payments at once?
- We are unable to accept multiple installments payments on one check. Each installment payment must be a separate check. All 1st installment payments must be paid between July and August; the 2nd installment payment can be paid beginning September 1; and the 3rd Installment payment can be paid beginning November 1.
Am I able to pay the discount after the deadline?
- We are not able to accept any discount payments after the deadline. We also cannot accept any face payments after the deadline. Please see above for Discount, Face, and Penalty periods.
The check I provided to the Tax Office was returned. What should I do?
- Our office will always include a letter with the returned check indicating why we cannot accept it in its current state. If you have any questions, please contact our office. It is your responsibility to return the check with the requested corrections for your payment to be processed.
I would like to send my payment in now, but I do not want the Tax Office to cash it until a future date. Can I still send it to the Tax Office?
- Please do not future date your checks as we cannot hold them. Only send a check if it can be deposited.