Borough of West Mifflin Planning Commission Meeting
Monday October 6, 2014
CASE# PLC 14-06
APPLICANT: Robin Maxwell APPLICANT: Leona Bickus
ADDRESS: 318 Oak St ADDRESS: 314 Oak St
West Mifflin, PA. 15122 West Mifflin, PA. 15122
APPLICANT: Steve Barron
ADDRESS: 3414 Cedar St
West Mifflin, PA. 15122
OWNER OF PROPERTY: Same as Above
PROPERTY LOCATION: Same Parcels
West Mifflin, PA 15122
ZONING DISTRICT: R-2 Medium Density Residential
The request is for a final sub division approval for the property line adjustments to those parcels.
CASE # PLC 14-08
APPLICANT: MDM, LLC c/o Jeff Berneburg
ADDRESS: 8851 Kind Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
OWNER OF PROPERTY: Tech One Associates
PROPERTY LOCATION: 2280 Lebanon Church Road
West Mifflin, PA 15122
ZONING DISTRICT: C-1 General Commercial
The applicant is requesting a Conditional Use authorization for the construction of a drive thru restaurant. The applicant is demolishing the Wendy’s drive thru restaurant and constructing a new 3458 square foot restaurant. The request is subject to Borough Code 290 Article X Section 290-75 with the following conditions.
A drive-through facility shall be permitted as a use by conditional use or special exception, subject to the following express standards and criteria:
- Minimum stacking space requirements.
(1) All uses which include a drive-through window or which are characterized by patrons remaining in their vehicles to receive service shall provide on-site stacking spaces in order to alleviate traffic congestion.
(2) Stacking spaces shall be a minimum of 12 feet in width and 20 feet in length.
(3) All stacking areas shall be separate from other vehicular and pedestrian circulation aisles and parking spaces. It is recommended that stacking lanes be separated through the use of landscaped islands bounded by concrete curbing.
(4) The number of stacking spaces required shall be determined by the following schedule:
(a) Restaurant, fast-food: a minimum of five spaces as measured from the drive-through window.
(b) Vehicular washes: a minimum of four spaces per car wash bay as measured from the bay.
(c) Financial institutions: a minimum of four spaces for one drive-through window, plus three spaces for each additional drive-through window or automated teller machines (ATM).
(d) Other uses with drive-through windows or similar characteristics. For uses not provided herein, the Planning Commission shall determine the appropriate number of stacking spaces based on a use listed above that most closely approximates the proposed use, or through information provided by the developer or owner of the proposed use, or through consultation with other communities containing uses similar to the one proposed, or through a combination of these methods.