WEST MIFFLIN BOROUGH COUNCIL
July 21, 2020
- Call to Order
- Moment of Silent Prayer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- PUBLIC HEARING
Hearing on a request from Sheetz, Inc., for an Inter-Municipal Liquor License Transfer.
- Citizen Comments on Agenda Items Only: All citizens who submitted email questions prior to the meeting regarding agenda items numbered 7, 8 or 15 will be addressed.
- Motion to approve the minutes of the June 16, 2020 Legislative Meeting.
- Unfinished Business Requiring Official Action:
A. RESOLUTION OF THE BOROUGH OF WEST MIFFLIN, ALLEGHENY COUNTY HEREBY REQUESTING A GREENWAY, TRIALS AND RECREATION PROGRAM (GTRP) GRANT OF $250,000.00 FROM THE COMMONWEALTH FINANCING AUTHORITY TO BE USED FOR THE WEST MIFFLIN PARK AMPHITHEATER PROJECT.
B. RESOLUTION OF THE BOROUGH OF WEST MIFFLIN, ALLEGHENY COUNTY HEREBY REQUESTING A BLIGHT REMEDIATION PROGRAM GRANT OF $120,000 FROM THE COMMONWEALTH FINANCING TO BE USED FOR THE WEST MIFFLIN DEMOLITION PROJECT.
C. Motion to approve and accept a Temporary Easement Offer from the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission in the amount of $1,600.00, for property Lot & Block 239-B-260 (property located on Commonwealth Ave).
D. Motion to approve Appraisal Agreement between the Borough of West Mifflin and Industrial Appraisal Company in the amount to $8,695.00.
E. Motion to approve the purchase of 2020 Ford Interceptor SUV 4 Door AWD Police Vehicle from Tri Star Motors under COSTARS Contract #013-146 at a cost of $33,535.00.
F. Motion to approve the purchase of 2020 Ford Interceptor SUV 4 Door AWD Police Vehicle from Tri Star Motors under COSTARS Contract #013-146 at a cost of $33,535.00, funds to come from the Federal Forfeiture Account.
G. Motion to approve the preliminary and final site plan for Rodgers Roll Off at 1011 Lebanon Road. The proposed development would be to construct a new 6580 square foot building. This building would be constructed for Rodgers Roll Off and Maintenance garage for trucks. This approval is subject to applicant meeting conditions outlined in KLH Engineer review letter dated April 17, 2020.
H. Motion to approve consolidation plan for William & Amy Waibel for the lots located at 4030 Lebanon Church Road, this consolidation would enable the applicant to construct an accessory structure on the vacant lot.
I. Motion to approve consolidation plan for Jason & Lacey L. Jakub for the lots located at 529 McGowan Ave. The consolidation of the 4 lots would allow for construction of a new single family home.
J. Motion to approve the Developers Agreement between the Borough and Sheetz for the redevelopment of the property at 2400 Lebanon Church Road.
K. Motion for the approval of a time extension for the recording the previously approved Kennywood lot line adjustment.
L. Motion for the re-approval of the previously approved Sheetz consolidation plan, this plan needs to have the new buyers added to the plan. The Borough will hold the plan until the deeds have been transferred.
M. Motion for the approval of a time extension for the recording of the previously approved Baker 2 lot line adjustment.
N. Motion to approve the hiring of Wendy Fruciano as substitute crossing guard, pending successful completion of clearances and background check.
- Departmental Reports
- Community Development – Walter B. Anthony
- Police – Chief Anthony Topolnak
- Public Works – James Hess
- Recreation – Stephen Keron
- Report for EMS – Chief Todd Plunkett
- Report of the Mayor – Christopher Kelly
- Report of the Solicitor – Evashavik Law & Phil DiLucente & Associates, LLC
- Report of the Engineer – KLH Engineers Inc.
- Report of the Manager – Brian Kamauf
- Motion to approve payment of bills as approved by the Finance Committee.
- New Business.
- Citizen Comments by Prior Request to be placed on the Agenda.
- Motion to adjourn.