Pittsburgh – PennDOT District 11 is announcing roadway resurfacing work on Glass Run Road (Route 3098) in Baldwin Borough, Allegheny County, will occur on Thursday and Friday, May 28-29 weather permitting.
Glass Run Road will close to traffic from 7 a.m. Thursday morning continuously through 7 p.m. Friday evening between Gensler Road and Route 885 (Baldwin Road). Crews from Golden Triangle Construction will conduct milling and resurfacing operations. Traffic will be detoured. Signs will be posted to guide traffic.
- Take Joseph Street to Agnew Road
- Follow Agnew Road to Becks Run Road
- Turn right onto Beck’s Run Road and follow to Route 837 (East Carson Street)
- Turn right onto Route 837
- Follow Route 837 to the Route 885 South Glass Run Road/Mifflin Road exit
- Follow Route 885 southbound back to Glass Run Road
- End detour
- Take Route 885 northbound
- Take the Route 837 North Carson Street exit
- Follow Route 837 northbound to Becks Run Road
- Turn left onto Becks Run Road and follow to Agnew Road
- Turn left onto Agnew Road and follow to Joseph Street
- Follow Joseph Street to Glass Run Road
- End detour
The work is part of the $11.18 Glenwood Interchange Phase 2 project. The overall project includes the replacement of four culverts, utility relocation, traffic signal upgrades and the resurfacing of Route 885 (Mifflin Road) between Lebanon Road and Doerville Street. Replacement of an existing sanitary sewer line has been completed.
Motorists are advised to use caution and slow down when traveling through the area. Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 770 traffic cameras. 511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.