BOROUGH OF WEST MIFFLIN, ALLEGHENY COUNTY
MEETING PROCEDURES DUE TO COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and PA emergency management restrictions, the regularly scheduled and advertised public meeting of West Mifflin Borough, Allegheny County will be modified as follows: The meeting will take place as scheduled on Tuesday, April, 21, 2020 at 6:30p.m. The municipal building will be physically closed to the public, however, the public is encouraged to participate in the following ways:
1. Comments may be submitted to the Manager via email at [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance of meeting.
2. The meeting will be conducted remotely via telecommunication/teleconference using Internet application known as Google Meet which can be publicly streamed on the West Mifflin Borough Facebook page at: Facebook.com/WestMifflinBorough
This meeting will be to conduct essential business only and may proceed in a modified manner, with some or all Councilpersons attending remotely through electronic means. The Agenda will be posted on our website a week prior to the meeting and no business will be conducted that is not on the Agenda. Unofficial minutes will be published as soon as possible after the meeting.
Brian M. Kamauf, Borough Manager, Borough of West Mifflin
Updated Meeting Agenda:
WEST MIFFLIN BOROUGH COUNCIL
April 21, 2020
1. Call to Order
2. Moment of Silent Prayer
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Roll Call
5. Citizen Comments on Agenda Items Only: All citizens who submitted email questions prior to the meeting regarding agenda items numbered 6, 7 or 14 will be addressed.
6. Motion to approve the minutes of the March 17, 2020 Legislative Meeting.
7. Unfinished Business Requiring Official Action:
8. Motion to Ratify Borough Resolution 1343:
A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE BOROUGH OF WEST MIFFLIN, ALLEGHENY COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA, RATIFYING AND EXTENDING THE DECLARATION OF DISASTER EMERGENCY REGARDING THE WORLDWIDE OUTBREAK OF COVID-19, WHICH CREATES A SERIOUS THREAT TO THE HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE OF THE RESIDENTS OF THE BOROUGH.
B. A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE BOROUGH OF WEST MIFFLIN, ALLEGHENY COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA, AMENDING ORDINANCE 1219, ALLOWING FOR THE CHANGE OF THE REAL ESTATE COLLECTION DISCOUNT PERIOD TO BE EXTENDED FROM APRIL 30, 2020 TO MAY 31, 2020.
C. Motion to approve the Borough of West Mifflin Families First Coronavirus Response Act Policy.
D. Motion to approve the Borough of West Mifflin exercising its option to extend its contract with Cargill, Inc., for an additional one (1) year term commencing July 1, 2020 for the purchase of rock salt.
9. Departmental Reports
a. Community Development – Walter B. Anthony
b. Police – Chief Anthony Topolnak
c. Public Works – James Hess
d. Recreation – Stephen Keron
9. Report for EMS – Chief Todd Plunkett
10. Report of the Mayor – Christopher Kelly
11. Report of the Solicitor – Evashavik Law & Phil DiLucente & Associates, LLC
12. Report of the Engineer – KLH Engineers Inc.
13. Report of the Manager – Brian Kamauf
14. Motion to approve payment of bills as approved by the Finance Committee.
15. New Business.
16. Citizen Comments by Prior Request to be placed on the Agenda.
17. Motion to adjourn.