BOROUGH OF WEST MIFFLIN, ALLEGHENY COUNTY
MEETING PROCEDURES CHANGE
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the regularly scheduled and advertised public meeting of West Mifflin Borough, Allegheny County will be modified as follows: The meeting will take place as scheduled on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 6:30p.m. The municipal building will be physically closed to the public, however, the public is encouraged to participate in the following ways:
- Comments may be submitted to the Manager via email at [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance of meeting.
- The meeting will be conducted remotely via telecommunication/teleconference using Internet application known as Google Meet which can be publicly streamed on the West Mifflin Borough Facebook page at: Facebook.com/WestMifflinBorough
This meeting will be to conduct essential business only and may proceed in a modified manner, with some or all Councilpersons attending remotely through electronic means. The Agenda will be posted on our website a week prior to the meeting and no business will be conducted that is not on the Agenda. Unofficial minutes will be published as soon as possible after the meeting.
Brian M. Kamauf, Borough Manager, Borough of West Mifflin
WEST MIFFLIN BOROUGH COUNCIL
September 15, 2020
- Call to Order
- Moment of Silent Prayer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Citizen Comments on Agenda Items Only: All citizens who submitted email questions prior to the meeting regarding agenda items numbered 6, 7 or 14 will be addressed.
- Motion to approve the minutes of the August 18, 2020 Legislative Meeting.
- Unfinished Business Requiring Official Action:
A. Motion to approve the request for a consolidation plan for Russell and Kelly Kolesar, located at 225 5th Avenue, West Mifflin parcels 181-M-316 & 181-M-319.
B. Motion to approve time extension for the recording of the previously approved consolidation plan for Joe Costa Jr., located at 426 Edgewood Avenue, West Mifflin, parcels 305-A-143 & 305-A-146.
C. Motion to approve Agreement of Sale between the Borough of West Mifflin and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission for part of the following property Tax Parcel Numbers 183-R-325, 242-M-100, 242-M-102 and 242-M-106, the parcels are located at 525-551 Bettis Road, West Mifflin. With the total sale price of Fifty-One Thousand Seven Hundred Dollars ($51,700.00).
D. Motion to approve Agreement of Sale between the Borough of West Mifflin and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission for part of the property Tax Parcel Number 239-B-150, property Located on Greensprings Ave., West Mifflin. With the total sale price of Twenty Seven Thousand Two Hundred Dollars ($27,200.00).
E. Motion to approve Agreement of Sale between the Borough of West Mifflin and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission for part of the property Tax Parcel Numbers 240-F-100 and 240-F-20-00-1 located at 750 Saint Agnes Lane, West Mifflin. With the total sale price of Eight Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($8,500.00).
F. Motion to approve Temporary Construction Easement between the Borough of West Mifflin and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission for work to be completed on Parcel No S354, the sum of the agreement Six Thousand Dollars ($6,000.00).
8. Departmental Reports
A. Community Development – Walter B. Anthony
B. Police – Chief Anthony Topolnak
C. Public Works – James Hess
9. Report for EMS – Chief Todd Plunkett
10. Report of the Mayor – Christopher Kelly
11. Report of the Solicitor – Evashavik Law & Phil DiLucente & Associates, LLC
12. Report of the Engineer – KLH Engineers Inc.
13. Report of the Manager – Brian Kamauf
14. Motion to approve payment of bills as approved by the Finance Committee.
15. New Business.
16. Citizen Comments by Prior Request to be placed on the Agenda.
17. Motion to adjourn.