WEST MIFFLIN BOROUGH COUNCIL
May 19, 2020
- Call to Order
- Moment of Silent Prayer
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- PUBLIC HEARING
Hearing on a request from Buttermilk Hollow Enterprises, LLC for an Inter-Municipal Liquor License Transfer. [Document Here]
- Citizen Comments on Agenda Items Only: All citizens who submitted email questions prior to the meeting regarding agenda items numbered 6, 8 or 15 will be addressed.
- Motion to approve the minutes of the March 17, 2020 Legislative Meeting.
- Unfinished Business Requiring Official Action:
A. Motion to Ratify Borough Resolution 1344:
A RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE BOROUGH OF WEST MIFFLIN, ALLEGHENY COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA, RATIFYING AND EXTENDING THE DECLARATION OF DISASTER EMERGENCY REGARDING THE WORLDWIDE OUTBREAK OF COVID-19, WHICH CREATES A SERIOUS THREAT TO THE HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE OF THE RESIDENTS OF THE BOROUGH.
B. AN ORDINANCE OF THE BOROUGH OF WEST MIFFLIN RELATIVE TO THE ESTABLISHMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF BOROUGH NON-UNIFORMED PENSION, ANNUITY, INSURANCE AND BENEFIT FUND OR FUNDS; AMENDING CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF THE PENSION PLAN OR PROGRAM APPLICABLE TO NON-UNIFORMED EMPLOYEES INCLUDING ADMINISTRATIVE PERSONNEL BY OFFERING EARLY RETIREMENT UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES FOR A LIMITED PERIOD OF TIME; RESTATING IN ITS ENTIRETY THE EXISTING NON-UNIFORMED PENSION PLAN AS ORDAINED IN ORDINANCES NOS. 516, 1077 AND 1191 [document here]
C. Motion to approve the Borough of West Mifflin participating in the 2020 SHACOG Joint Police Testing.
D. Motion to approve Four Year Lease/Purchase with First Nation Bank in the amount of One Hundred Eleven Thousand Six Hundred Twenty-Five Dollars ($111,625.00), at a rate of 3.99%, for the purchase of New Caterpillar 420F2 IT Backhoe for the West Mifflin Public Works.
E. Motion to approve the promotion of Sergeant Scott Priestly to Lieutenant on the West Mifflin Police Department.
F. Motion to approve the promotion of Officer Brett Basic to Sergeant on the West Mifflin Police Department.
G. Motion to approve the promotion of Officer Richard Marone to Sergeant on the West Mifflin Police Department.
- Departmental Reports
- Community Development – Walter B. Anthony
- Police – Chief Anthony Topolnak
- Public Works – James Hess
- Recreation – Stephen Keron
- Report for EMS – Chief Todd Plunkett
- Report of the Mayor – Christopher Kelly
- Report of the Solicitor – Evashavik Law & Phil DiLucente & Associates, LLC
- Report of the Engineer – KLH Engineers Inc.
- Report of the Manager – Brian Kamauf
- Motion to approve payment of bills as approved by the Finance Committee.
- New Business.
- Citizen Comments by Prior Request to be placed on the Agenda.
- Motion to adjourn.